Selling Real Estate

Indian CPA | Reporting Indian Property on US Tax Return

Common question — Should I report the real estate outside US on my FBAR or 8938 forms

Report Rental income and expense as you would do on a rental property here in US.

Any taxes paid on the income in India can be received as a tax credit in US

Upon sale of property, capital gains from such sales are to be reported in the US Tax Return and any taxes paid in India could be received as a tax credit.

Inherited or gifted property – Needs reporting though not an taxable event. Reporting is important to get the basis carried over.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

My Thoughts On The 2020 Real Estate Crash
16 Essential Personality Traits For Real Estate Agents
Pandemic home remodeling is booming: Here’s what your neighbors are doing
BEST Real Estate Investing STRATEGIES For Beginners | 2020
CoronaVirus Impact on Real Estate Investing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *